Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A new year means getting back on track!

The new year is here and it is time to get my family back on track. It always seems November and December tend to slide on how many meals we eat at home and how many we eat out. So January is here and we are back to menu planning. I thought I would tell you all how I go about our menu planning and share our January menu with you.

First I grab the calendar and put all appointments and events that all family members have. This helps me know what nights are going to have to be super quick meals or crock pot meals. Next up is spending some time on Pinterest. I have to laugh when I say spending "some time" on Pinterest because we all know it is going to take way longer than a few minutes! I have attempted to fix my Pinterest boards so that I have one for chicken recipes, one for pork, one for beef and one for sweets and sides. My last board is things I have actually tried. After I have made a recipe I write a bit of a review of what our family thought so I know if it is worth making again.

I fill out the calendar with what's for dinner each night and lunches and dinners on weekends. Then I create weekly grocery lists so I don't have to think about feeding the family for the rest of month! I was late getting January's done so it doesn't start until January 7. Here's our meal plan for the month:

January 7 - Breakfast for dinner
January 8 - (Church night) Pepperoni Roll-up
January 9 - Chicken Roll-ups
January 10 - Chicken Noodle Casserole
January 11 - Lunch - Nuggets and Mashed Potatoes Dinner - Chicken Fried Steak
January 12 - Lunch - Pork Chops Dinner - MYO (Make your own) we do this every Sunday night because of church commitments in the evenings
January 13 - Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs and Pasta
January 14 - French Bread Pizza
January 15 - (Church Night) Hamburger Helper
January 16 - Mollie Pie (This is really Sheppard's Pie the boys have just always called it Mollie Pie)
January 17 - Chicken Enchiladas
January 18 - Eat out (My great uncle turns 100 and we have his party)
January 19 - Lunch - Chicken Fried Steak Dinner - MYO
January 20 - Tacos
January 21 - Mandy's Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole
January 22 - (Church Night) Pot Roast
January 23 - Hamburger Helper
January 24 - Breakfast
January 25 - Lunch - Mollie Pie (Gage takes the SAT's and Mollie Pie is his favorite) Dinner - Grilled Cheese and Bacon
January 26 - Lunch - Pork Chops Dinner - MYO
January 27 - Hamburger Helper
January 28 - French Bread Pizza
January 29 - (Church Night) Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
January 30 - Chimichangas
January 31 - Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

If you want a recipe just ask in the comments and I would be more than happy to give it to you or direct you to the link if it is from Pinterest.

What are your families favorite meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment