Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School and a schedule!!

What a crazy few weeks it has been! We finished up Ben's study room. Granted it is just a corner of our storage/laundry room but it works for him. His classes started on Monday and he seems to be getting into a groove.

In the mean time April came for a visit and we went to Wichita and did the Glow Run which is a 5k that you run at night and wear all kinds of fun funky glow things. We had a great time and ended up with these wonderful medals that glow in the dark.


The boys started school last Monday. Carter in kindergarten and Gage in 6th grade. We made Carter's teacher a school supply cake as a back to school gift. I have pictures of Carter in his classroom but apparently it is frowned upon for mom to walk you into middle school and take your picture and give you a hug and a kiss before your first day! So no pictures of Gage.




April came back this last weekend for another visit and we went to Zoo Brew where Joe's Pet Project was playing. We had a fantastic time and it is always great to see good friends and listen to good music. If you don't know who Joe's Pet Project is you need to look them up on Facebook and Google them and find their website. They are fantastic fun!!

So with back to school came the inevitable mess behind my front door. In that corner the book bags get dropped and jackets and everything else tend to be left there. So tonight I figured out a solution. I hung a bulletin board that the kids can hang anything that needs to be signed or any important notes on. Then under that we put in two hat and coat hooks. This made my whole living room feel so much better!! Here is the finished result.


So as we all fall into our back to school routine I am one happy mama to finally have the schedule back. I have a monthly calendar full of the things we are doing this month and all of our meals. Perhaps when I update the calendar for September I will share my system with everyone else. What are your favorite things about back to school time??



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mollie,

    My name is Gregg, and you commented on my bolg (wife's blog I took over) about my time at Creighton. I was just wondering how Ben is adjusting to the school's distance pathway, and how life is for you and your boys. My girls have a bit of a tough time, but they have adjusted.

    Anyway, I was just wondering how things are going for you and your family.

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gregg! Things are crazy! Ben seems to have adjusted pretty well to school but he has a couple classes he is struggling in. With finals coming up we are seeing less and less of him as he studies more and more. Yesterday it felt like we were ships passing in the night when he would come out of his office to get a drink or go to the bathroom. How are you doing? What year are you now? Any advice?

    ReplyDelete