Monday, July 28, 2014

Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken

We are officially two weeks into our new eating habits. I would venture to say we are at 85% clean eating. I am down 13 pounds in those two weeks. I will take it!! I wanted to share a few recipes that I have been making that have kept everyone happy in our house!

This first one I have made using chicken or pork chops. It only has 312 calories per serving so it is a great go to dinner.

Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken

1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Panko
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 oz. Garlic Herb Natural Cheese (I use Jason Weibe which is a local dairy)
1 package of Tyson Boneless Skinless Thin Cut Chicken Breast

Shred the cheese if it isn't already. Then mix it with the Panko. Put the oil in a shallow dish and coat the chicken. Cover the chicken with the cheese/Panko mix and put on a greased jelly roll pan. Put in a 400 degree oven for 20 - 30 minutes and then enjoy!

Our family loves to have fresh corn on the cob to go with this. I clean up the ears of corn and then put a small amount of butter on each ear. Then wrap each ear in aluminum foil. They go in the oven also at 400 for about 30 minutes. I serve them on the table still in the foil as this keeps them SUPER hot until you are ready to eat them. Of course I recommend the freshest corn you can get. We have found our farmer's market to have great corn on the cob this year but the best we have had by far is from Gaeddert Farms. Here is a link to their website: Gaeddert Farms. They have booths set up around Kansas to sell their amazing crops.

If you are looking for the Jason Weibe cheese you can find it in Salina at the farmer's market and also at Prairieland Market. You can also order online and have it delivered directly to you from their website: Jason Weibe Diary.

What is your go to recipe for a quick healthy dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment