Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wait...what?!

Today the kids left with grandma to go to Colorado Springs for a week. In looking back at the past almost 8 years since Carter was born Ben and I are pretty sure this is our first time without both kids for longer than one night. So at noon today grandma pulled out of the driveway with both boys and Carter's big monkey wife, Sarah.

12:00 pm - Car pulls away as we wave goodbye

12:01 pm - We realize that there is a sound in the house we haven't heard before.

12:05 pm - We eat lunch without anyone needing any help cutting meat or wanting something different to eat.

12:15 pm - I head back to work as Ben tries to figure out what the strange sound is.

4:45 pm - I get home and Ben tells me how the strange noise kept him from being able to read.

4:46 pm - I go to the bathroom and no one talks to me.

5:15 pm - Ben and I leave the house and have dinner where no one asks us to play the games on the menu.

6:15 pm - We go to Family Video where we rented movies without looking at the rating.

6:45 pm - We arrive home to find the strange noise is still happening.

8:00 pm - Big Brother starts and we were able to watch it without pausing it for bathroom breaks or due to lots of talking.

The noise is still here in the house. Perhaps tomorrow we will figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh! What does the sound, sound like???? I find myself needing to know too??? perhaps we will have to have a Scooby Doo mystery tomorrow night? Anakin will be down to play Scooby...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will be 100% up for it!!

    ReplyDelete