Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bored by food? Didn't know that could happen!!

Here I am 23 days into eating better and I am down 15 pounds. While it hasn't been easy to give up some of the foods that I love I have resisted the temptation for the most part and it is getting easier. However, I don't like a lot of foods so my menus are very limited.

My typical day starts out with a whole grain English muffin with natural peanut butter on it. I loved them when I started eating them but I am becoming bored. Now I eat it quickly in the morning just to be done with breakfast. I was bringing a natural peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread for lunch but decided I should branch out and find something much better than that. In my quest I learned that chicken you have cooked at home does not reheat and taste very good. Then one day a few weeks ago I was at Dillon's grocery shopping for my great aunt and uncle when I happened upon Perdue Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips. These have been the answer to what I was needing. They have great flavor and are the protein I need. So I have stocked up and I am set for the next few weeks of lunches.

Dinner is easy as there are lots of things you can do to chicken and pork chops. We have even gone out to eat a few times and I have done great staying within my macros. Snack time though is another story. I either eat string cheese or raw nuts. I need some variety! I am on the hunt for some snacks that will work with how we are eating but won't go overboard on carbs or sugars.

While I am talking about macros I wanted everyone to know if you are trying to watch what you eat www.myfitnesspal.com is a FANTASTIC resource. You can easily track what you eat on their website. They have most chain restaurant food already in their data base and if you are cooking things at home you can add your own recipes and it will figure everything for you. Plus I have the app on my phone and can scan barcodes to enter food. They have a few apps like mapmyrun or mapmywalk that will feed your exercise right into myfitnesspal and account for what you have done for the day. Without this app I know I wouldn't have made it this far.

My current struggle is Jolly Ranchers. I LOVE Jolly Ranchers. They have fed my sweet tooth more than once in the past week but I need to stop with them. They certainly don't fall under "clean eating". What is the one thing you just can't resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment