Monday, July 16, 2012

Pinterest Rotisserie Chicken

I love rotisserie chicken. I love to eat it. I love to pick it off of the bones. I love to use it in other recipes. That being said we are working on a budget and part of that is figuring out ways to eat for less. I was able to pick up two fryers at Wal-Mart for about $6. I should probably say before we go any further that I have NEVER done anything with a whole raw chicken.
I did check to make sure all the yuck inside had been cleared out. I washed the chicken and mixed up the
spices:

2 Tbsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp garlic powder or 3 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Add a bit of water at a time after they are mixed until you have a paste.

Then take your raw chicken and slather on the spices. Rub it all over. I personally did not enjoy rubbing the chicken. However, you may find that you love it!

Then pop it in the crock pot. My bird is currently chilling in my fridge Tomorrow morning I will turn it on and let you all know how it goes.


How do you cook a whole chicken? Anyone have any other great recipes that you would like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment