Monday, July 23, 2012

When it rains it pours!

What a day! We got up this morning and went to Sunday school and church. It always feels like such a great start to the week after a service at Church of the Cross. Ben and Carter then took me out to lunch at Longhorn for my birthday. We had a great lunch. We then headed home where Ben finished his honey-do list and packed up everything he needed to spend two weeks in Omaha. He left about 4:30 and Carter and I settled in to do a whole bunch of nothing!

About 4:30 my phone rings and it is Ben. He is at the Minneapolis exit and his car is overheating. Now those of you who know us well know my car has been overheating lately. So now both cars are doing it.  However, thankfully my mom and Gage are still on vacation so I still have her car. He made it home and loaded up his stuff in my mom's car while Carter and I threw things together to make a trip to Omaha.

We left the house about 6:30 and didn't stop until York, NE. We realized at that point that none of us had eaten anything for dinner. So it's 9:15 and we pull into Runza. Everyone has been telling us how great Runza is. Well I'm sure it is...but we don't know because the doors were locked. So we went off to the KFC/Taco Bell. There were lots of people inside so we parked and went to the door that was...locked. At this point it was funny to us. Perhaps due to the stress of the day. We went to Arby's and were quite pleased to be able to get in.

The rest of the ride to Omaha was uneventful thank heavens. We pulled into the hotel that Carter and I are in tonight. It is beautiful and our room is a suite. Carter thought it was pretty cool that we had a room with a couch, a full size refrigerator and a separate room with our beds in it. We took Ben to the dorms and he got checked in. We helped him take his things up to his room on the 14th floor of the dorm. He walked us downstairs and gave big lovies to both of us. We got in the car and headed back to the hotel. We hadn't gotten more than three blocks away and I hear a wailing cry from the back seat. Carter was sobbing uncontrollably. He missed daddy. So we called Ben and they talked for a bit and now he seems fine. We didn't make it into the room more than 5 minutes and he was sound asleep.

Earlier in the day my mom called to let me know they were taking Gage to Urgent Care in Utah due to both ears draining fluid. He has double ear infection that is not to his ear drum yet. So he is now on ear drops and they are in Salt Lake City. He will be home on Thursday and Carter and I will be home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment